The first step in the finest in dental care involves your first visit. You will go through a 36-step comprehensive and thorough experience that involves the following.
- An in-depth interview of your past medical history, your previous experiences in a dental office, and your expectations and objectives.
- A thorough current medical history review.
- A complete oral cancer screening using the revolutionary Velscope for abnormal tissue in the soft tissue of the mouth that could lead to oral cancer.
- A screening for obstructive sleep apnea and other structural abnormalities which could lead to sleep disturbances which in turn could lead to major health issues such as stroke, heart attacks, heart disease, high blood pressure, diabetes, impotence, weight gain, daytime drowsiness, depression, life shortening events, and other ailments.
- A comprehensive TMJ screening (jaw joints and history of headaches).
- Checking for cavities.
- Investigation for fractured teeth that may or may not be symptomatic (this can lead to loss of a tooth).
- Inquiring about tooth sensitivity.
- Inspection for improperly aligned teeth that may cause fracture, excessive wear, loose teeth, and/or TMJ pain (and subsequent loss of a tooth or multiple teeth).
- Looking for mobile teeth (which can be signs of fracture and/or periodontal disease).
- Examination for fractured or defective fillings which may already have decay underneath them or may cause dental decay to get underneath the filling.
- Exploration for proper chewing and swallowing function.
- Inspection for improper bite that could lead to symptoms such as headaches and sinus conditions.
- Checking for areas of food impaction which can cause sever tooth decay and gum disease.
- A comprehensive periodontal examination which includes:
– Gentle probing of all areas of the gums around the teeth to determine periodontal health.
– Analyzing for blood and pus and other signs of infection in the mouth.
- Measurement of electrical charges coming off your metal fillings, crowns, fixed retainers, or partial dentures with a special instrument.
- Chinese tongue evaluation to determine potential long term health issues such as organ dysfunction and digestive issues.
- Chinese pulse evaluation to determine potential real time health issues and weak acupuncture meridians.
- Salivary pH measurement to determine the buffering capacity of your mouth in preventing decay, gum disease and other pathologies in your mouth.
A comprehensive x-ray survey* of all teeth and surrounding structure will allow us to be able to determine:
- Health of any teeth that have had a root canal.
- Abscesses or other infections.
- Other pathologies or abnormalities in the bone.
- Periodontal disease and bone loss around teeth.
*If you have recently had x-rays performed, it may be necessary to take only a few cavity detection x-rays, or maybe none at all.
Virtual Tour of the Mouth
A virtual tour of your mouth with our intraoral camera will show us and you:
- Cracked, leaking, or large restorations that may need to be watched or replaced.
- Decay under restorations.
- Undiagnosed fractures in the teeth.
- The color and health of your gums.
- Other clinical discoveries that may be of concern.
Impressions or molds of your teeth help us to determine:
- Proper or improper alignment of the teeth and jaw.
- Premature contacts of your teeth that could cause fractured teeth or headaches.
- Proper relationships of your teeth to the rest of your head.
- Wearing of tooth surfaces tendencies.
There will then be a follow-up, no charge consultation where we will:
- Explain our findings.
- Present a treatment plan that you help co-develop that represents the finest affordable treatment available.
- Co-develop a financial plan that is comfortable for you.