Modern Restorative Dentistry in Durango, CO
“Restorative dentistry” is the term dental is the used for fixing missing or broken teeth. Fillings, crowns (“caps”), bridges and implants are common restorative treatments. Our goal is to bring back your natural smile, restores your oral health, and prevent future issues.
Why Restorative Dental Procedures are Important
Several reasons include:
- Filling empty spaces in the mouth helps keep the teeth properly aligned, and less chance for shifting, causing issues with biting
- Replacing teeth makes it easier to maintain good oral care habits, and helps prevent plaque build-up and the problems that come along with plaque
- Missing, damaged, or broken teeth can affect your health, appearance and confidence
Home Care Tips for Taking Care of your Restorative Dental Work
- Proper Brushing – Make sure you brush your teeth thoroughly twice a day.
- Electric toothbrushes – Compared to manual brushing, electronic toothbrushes can help remove plaque from your teeth and restorative work.
- Flossing – Make sure to floss around your teeth, dental implants, crowns, and bridges every day.
- Avoid Sticky Foods – If possible, try not to chew on hard or sticky foods. These can damage your implant, bridge, or crown.
- Mouthwash – Use an antibacterial mouthwash help fight plaque bacteria around restorative work.