Dear Dr. Rothchild:
I am writing this letter to express my sincere gratitude for the exceptional care and professionalism you have extended to me during the three years that I have known you. You may recall that over three years ago I visited your office seeking relief from physical problems that I believed to be caused by mercury poisoning from my amalgam fillings. I had most of the classical symptoms of a toxic reaction to mercury; tingling sensation in the extremities, the inability to build endurance, heavy perspiration, reduced mental acuity, frequent indigestion, chronic fatigue, ringing in the ears, and heavy plaque formation that resulted in gum recession.
I came to your office after having done considerable research on the effects of mercury poisoning from amalgam fillings. During my research, I ran across the work of Dr. Hal Huggins and became a believer in his work. I wanted to follow the protocol he prescribed for the proper removal of amalgam fillings in order to increase the probability of a full recovery. I had visited several dentists in the greater Chicagoland area, and you were the only one who had the equipment and processed in place that gave you the capability to follow the procedures designed by Dr. Huggins. Your office had equipment in place to capture vaporized mercury, and you were able to perform blood tests to properly select a non-toxic composite filling that could serve as a substitute for my amalgam fillings. The technique you used for the removal of my amalgam fillings was exceptional; you allowed me to breathe oxygen from a tank, you used a dam during the procedure to prevent me from ingesting any loose amalgam material, and you measured the electrical current through each filling to determine the proper order of extraction.
I knew I had the right doctor when you mentioned to me that you wanted to replace my fillings “as soon as possible.” At that time, I was thinking of delaying the procedure! But I think you sensed from my symptoms that something should be done quickly, and you were eager to help. I also felt that you sympathized with my physical problems, which, in my opinion, is a hallmark of an exceptional professional. From the time when I first met you to the time when my fillings were completely replaced must have been about two months. I consider that a very short time and a testament to the speed and efficiency of your work.
I consider myself fully recovered from mercury poisoning. I no longer experience the symptoms I cited earlier in this letter. Nonetheless, I am still coping with other health-related problems that I believe were precipitated by my long battle with mercury poisoning. These include elevated intraocular pressure in one eye and chronic headaches. Remarkably enough, last year you detected a propensity on my part to grind my teeth at night. You crafted a mouthpiece for me that I now use which has greatly reduced the frequency and severity of my headaches. Much to my amazement, this mouthpiece has given me much relief!
I want to thank you for everything you have done to make my life better. I hope that our association will continue for a long time. I have and will continue to spread the work of the great “miracles” performed by Dr. John Rothchild! God bless you!
Dear Dr. Rothchild: